
Kathy & Janie (me) in Adak Alaska in 1967
Okay, that really, REALLY cute little girl in front is Kathy ... just about the cutest kid ever born! After me, Mom used to say that she was afraid she couldn't love another child as much as she loved her first ... but then came KATHY!
Oh yes, she was one adorable kid. All smiles and big, brown eyes!
She had the cute factor off the scale.
She was Daddy's little tom-boy, too.
It was only 18 months after me ... I accused her all along of being a tag-a-long!
I couldn't even get my OWN BATH for crying out loud .. AND we shared a double bed until I got MARRIED ... 'nuff said. Here's her birthing story:
The Birth of the Second Fiddle (Kathy):
It was September 28, 1963 and there she was, at the Charleston Navy Hospital again ... or almost.
This story will be very short.
The whole thing took 28 minutes and one push.
There she was! Kathryn Lynn.
It was as if Kathy came in a hurry, not wanting to miss a thing and exclaiming, "Ta Da!"
Told you it was short. I remember Mom telling that I became "a little mama" and if she put a kitchen towel through the refrigerator door, I would go get baby Kathy's bottle by tugging on the towel and droppin' it like it's hot (okay, that was my addition). So, I would pull until I fell in the floor and the shear weight of my booty would pull it open. Always using my best assets, huh?
No comments:
Post a Comment