I wish I had a picture of baby Tony ... but you know how it is with pictures of sequential children ...
His story, however, has always been fun to tell:
The Best for Last (Teo Anthony):
It's February 24th, 1970 in the Philippines. Dad is with Mom and she is in heavy labor ... at least she says so. According to her doctor she was no where near delivery, regardless of her opinion, and he was so confident, he was going to lunch! (He didn't know her very well, did he?)
She insists Dad stays with her and in a while tells him to "LOOK!"
He does.
Then his face goes white (interesting for a Filipino) as he sees a tiny foot appear!
Without thinking, he pushes the foot RIGHT BACK IN!
I will pause for a moment in respect of my mother's most obvious pain and let you imagine the barrage of obscenities that may have ensued from the poor pre-Jesus Jessie.
Okay, now we see a panic-filled Ted pushing her in her bed down the hallway, screaming for help in both languages...
did I mention there were painters in the hallway?
They got a nice little view.
Mom was horrified, but had a lot going on.
Tony was delivered breach. The doctor saved Dad's life by saying that he had done the exact right thing. If he hadn't, the next push would have crushed the baby's pelvis.
If you know Tony now, you know what a terrible shame that would have been. The boy can DANCE!
Tuesday, August 25, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
hehe I liked that!! BTW didn'tknow you had a blog missy!! I love you bunches!!!!
ReplyDeleteI love reading this story especially because it is about my husband, but also because I can imagine your Dad running down the hall pushing your Mom screaming for help in two languages. ha!ha!
ReplyDelete